The development of wrinkles and facial lines is a natural part of the ageing process that can make you look and feel older than your age. But at London City Aesthetics, we offer a fantastic treatment to remove the signs of premature ageing, with wrinkle relaxing injections.
Wrinkle relaxing injections use a protein derived from the bacterium Clostridium Botulinum and is used as an injectable cosmetic treatment to effectively reduce the visibility of wrinkles. The procedure works by administering the wrinkle relaxing injections to the affected areas, which paralyses the muscles, preventing them from moving and minimising their visibility.
These treatments can last as little as 15 minutes up to an hour, with the whole process involving no downtime and few minor side effects, though some patients can experience minor short-term bruising. Immediately after treatment, we advise that hot baths and exercise are avoided so as to prevent sweating the protein out. The results will begin to show after just 7-14 days and can last up to four months at a time with little or no long-term effects, in fact, wrinkle relaxing injections are one of the safest Cosmetic treatments available.
Conditions Improved by Wrinkle Relaxing Treatments
Although anti-wrinkle treatments are primarily designed to help reduce the signs of aging, they are often used to cosmetically and medically treat the following areas:
- Facial creases
- Forehead lines
- Frown lines between the eyebrows
- Crow’s feet
- Eye bags
- Marionette lines
- Nasolabial folds
- Sunken cheek areas
- Chin dimples
- Lip augmentation
- Neck lines and bands
Benefits of Wrinkle Relaxing Treatments
There is a wealth of benefits of undergoing non-invasive wrinkle relaxing treatment, which are as follows:
- Reduces the appearance of existing lines and wrinkles to restore a more youthful look;
- Purified protein derived from Clostridium Botulinum bacteria prevents fine lines and wrinkles by inducing long-term relaxation of contracted muscles to encourage muscle re-education;
- Wrinkle relaxing injections will help to refine facial muscles, so regular treatment will become less frequent
- Very little or no effect on areas of the face that haven’t been treated;
- Treatment is non-invasive, which results in minimal recovery time so you can get on with your normal day-to-day activities;
- Treatment is non-permanent, which means that the proteins will naturally break down